ESNcard is the official membership card of the Erasmus Student Network. The ESNcard is strictly personal, and it shall never be used by somebody else than the card holder. It is valid for one year and without a photo and correct personal data is invalid. To learn more visit the website: www.esncard.org. The ESNcard is also used as a discount card in many cities and countries around Europe. For example you can be erasmus in Faro and have a discount in a hostel in Prague because ESN Prague has a special discount for ESNcard holders in their city.
Who can get the ESNcard?
You can get the ESNcard, if you belong to one of the following groups:
- You are currently an international student.
- You are a member of an ESN section.
How can I get the ESNcard?
The ESNcard can be obtained exclusively from your ESN local section. So if you want your ESNcard you must come to our office in Penha Campus and we will give you one. It costs 10€ and to have it you must bring your ID or Passport and a Photo (passport size).
Why should I make an ESNcard?
In Faro the ESNcard offers you discounts in all our paid activities - such as trips, dinners, parties, cultural and sporting events. For example, each trip you make with ESN Algarve you have discount. Also you have discounts in our local partners. You can find the local partners discounts here. So the advantages are many. For example:
- It allows you to join our trips.
- It allows you to enter for free in our weekly parties.
- It allows you to join our activities.
- You have discounts or offers in our local partners.
What fields does ESNcard contain?
It consists of several fields; all must be filled in in the process of issuing the card:
- PHOTO FIELD (for a photograph of the card holder; with a photo size of 2.7 cm x 3.7 cm ).
- NAME & SURNAME.
- DATE OF BIRTH.
- STUDIES AT.
- ESN SECTION (either the issuing section or home section of the card holder).
- VALIDITY (it's valid for 12 months since the date on the card).
- CARD NUMBER (unique number of each card).
- BAR CODE AND MAGNETIC BAR.
What can I do if I lose my ESNcard?
If you have the proof of payment of the original card you can order a new one paying only 5€. If you haven’t got any proof, you have to make a new one and pay the 10€.
We strongly recommend you to get it!
www.esncard.org - Your ESNcard will change your life